Saturday 8 February 2014

Very short video demo of AR+IoT in the Object Net

I spent all day today, thanks to my understanding family, preparing this 51-second video for you, about the work I've been doing for the ThoughtWorks 100 Days of Hardware:


It's my first ever YouTube video, and I'm quite pleased with it. I'm also pretty happy with the overall results I've achieved in the snippets of coding time I've had.


Mashability

Soon into my first practice take, I realised I couldn't actually touch the screen to change the light colour for the video, since I was holding my wife's iPhone in the other hand.

So I got the URL of the light up in my browser and typed in this thought-free code to make the light blink automatically, between red and green:
{ is: cuboid rule
  Timer: 0 => 2000
  light: (1 => 0) (0 => 1) 0
}
{ is: cuboid rule
  Timer: 0 => 2000
  light: (0 => 1) (1 => 0) 0
}
The point was not that I should have only written one rule not two, but that I could tap this in quickly while between video takes, in a browser editing page, and immediately see the light flash - both on my phone on the table and on the Pi next to it.

Which is one of the points of the Object Network. Instant gratification!

No comments:

Post a Comment